Chevre Bruschetta with Black Bean Salsa
Yield: 8-10 servings
2 loaves French bread
3 Tablespoons olive oil.
1 lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
3 medium tomatoes, diced
1 cup onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1 cup black beans
½ cup corn
5 leaves fresh basil (chiffonade)
1/8 teaspoon Salt
2 grinds fresh black pepper
8 oz Coon Ridge Goat Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice baguette, diagonally into ¼ inch slices and brush lightly with olive oil.
3. Brown the baguette slices for approximately 6 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
4. While the baguette slices are cooling, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and balsamic vinegar in a mixing bowl and whisk together thoroughly. Add the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, black beans, corn and basil, and allow to marinate for 5-10 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
5. When baguette slices have cooled, spread goat cheese on each, covering thoroughly then top with a dollop of the black bean salsa.
See the entire archive of Southwest Recipes