GRILLED CHICKEN WITH LEMON PECAN BUTTER
Pecans grow all over the Southwest. The richness of pecans tinged with tart lemon and tarragon is delicious. This can be served with grilled vegetables.
Yield: 6 servings
Lemon-Pecan Butter (see below)
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Salt and freshly ground white or black pepper
6 sprigs flat-leaf parsley or tarragon
¼ cup pecans
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
Zest of 1 lemon, minced
2 teaspoons fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Prepare the Lemon-Pecan Butter
- While the butter is chilling, brush chicken with lemon juice and melt butter, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium or 350°. Place rack 4 inches above heat
- Arrange chicken on rack: grill 6 minutes. Turn and grill 5 to 6 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife and the interior is 185°.
- To serve, place 1 breast half on a plate and top with 2 thin slices Lemon-Pecan Butter. Garnish with parsley.
Finely grind pecans in a blender or food processor. Add butter, lemon zest, tarragon and lemon juice and process until combined. Place on a plastic wrap or waxed paper, forming into a log about 1 inch in diameter. Refrigerate until firm. (Freeze if time is short)